Friday, March 9, 2007

It has begun, again

Since it is coming up on the middle of March, I am sure lots of you are thinking about the up coming Annual Hope Spring Retreat, and of course the Foosball Tournament. What, that's not why you go? Anyway, I on board we try to get a tournament together every trip. Not always, but most of the time.

We are through the first round of play, and due to the international flavor of our crew it can take on a little bit of a World Cup real. In the first round I took care of the Egyptian, and next up is the Italian. I haven't seen him play, but everyone says he is pretty good. Part of me wants to ask him if I'm going to have to take one of my men off the bar half way through the game, because he'll have swung to close to one of his. If you didn't watch or hear about the atrocity that they called a World Cup match between the US and Italy last summer, you won't get that.

Even if I lose not all hope is lost the "best loser" from this round goes on to the next round. We had an odd number of people sign-up, so the bracket is a little weird.

I'll keep you informed.

Jon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exciting! There's no time for a little Nationalistic flare like in a foosball tournament! Go U.S.A Minnesota!