Tuesday, June 12, 2007

It's June 12th

I have been waiting for this day for a couple of weeks now. It is for only one reason, today is the day of the release of "The Traveling Wilbury's" it is actually a re-release of two albums that were released in the early 90's.

You may have heard of them, but if not they are probably the most understate "super" group ever. The group consists of the 5 Wilbury brothers: Nelson, Clayton, Lefty, Lucky and Otis. Better known as George Harrison, Roy Orbison, Jeff Lynn, Bob Dylan, and Tom Petty.

Personally, I was trying to figure out how Tom Petty got into the group, but apparently he is really good friends with Jeff Lynn and were working on an album together. I won't get into the rest of the story of how they got together, you can research that on your own. I do believe it is one of those albums that is just fun to listen to, because the musicians were really just having fun making music.

I cannot wait until I get home to listen to it.

Jon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So did the Traveling Wilbury's live up to your expectation? Or was it exactly the same as the original release? It's currently the number one seller.